SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynn2112

Arbors?

Lynn-in-TX-Z8b- Austin Area/Hill Country
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi,

Thursday, the second phase of our landscaping begins (walkways, final large plantings of big trees etc.) ,and I am eager to begin the search for an arbor. Ive never owned an arbor, and my intent is to have this one straddle a 4' walkway along a path that leads to another part of the garden. I would like to grow a climbing rose on the arbor; nothing too aggressive ( but that will likely be planted during the Fall or Winter). In my preliminary search, I see that there are arbors made of synthetic materials reported to hold up better against the elements as compared to wood materials? Thus far, I have only checked the big box stores and one online resource. My husband will install the arbor, which means it will be on the almost extreme side of secure, even if he has to design something himself. My question is, do you all have a "go to" place for arbor purchases? Everything I see online at the big box stores seems so generic, but I do not know much actually matters beyond the arbor being the right size, color, sturdy, and long lasting? It would be great if they have little pedestrian sturdy bridges too... ( one stop shopping)

Your suggestions are appreciated.

Lynn

Comments (13)