SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jonnygun

First time poster looking for some advise...

Jonnygun
8 years ago

I found this site after we had a house fire and decided to rebuild. The advice I've found here has already been helpful in weeding through the varius builders we've talked to.

I think we've decided to build something evolved from a plan like this and would like some feedback. We will be making some changes and our final plan will not be exactly like this. But, I used it as a reference point with our design guy.

We have 3 kids ages 8, 5 and 3 months so we are looking for the neccesary space and room.

So, split plan with three bedrooms for the kids, a laundry room, a dining room and a lot of room for expansion upstairs.

It will be built on a crawl space, so I thought I might steal some room from the basement stairs for a built-in pantry in the lower left kitchen corner instead of corner cabinets.

Im not happy with the master bath, the tub and shower look compromised- meybey just a larger shower?

The Study/Bedroom4 will in the near future be a bedroom, so nix the french doors yes?

As for the unfinished space upstairs, we are thinking home office and giant padded enclosure?

What obvious things am i missing?

TIA

Comments (11)