SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paul_griffin4728

First time home Builder Looking for Advise on Plan

Paul Griffin
5 years ago

Looking for feedback on new home plan listed below.

A few changes I've already considered

- Stretching the house around 2" in the middle giving a little more space in kitchen/living

- I do not really need the powder room so removing that to enlarge master walk in closet

- Back and forth on removing tnot just the powder but the mud room/laundry area completely and putting a smaller closet type laundry giving more space for the master, then would be enlarging the front entry porch with the middle stretch allowing entry from the garage to the front porch.

- If I don't stretch the middle maybe jetting out the eating area a bit to give more room for the kitchen

- Removing the deck off the master

Also looking for advise on how to keep building costs lower, two exterior photos I like I think I could do the same layout. Not sure if one exterior would be significantly cheaper than the other given the roof lines etc... First time home build.

Also I'm probably going to get a post suggesting getting a professional architect but the going rate around here is about 10-15% per project. I will be hiring someone to custom design these plans but don't have the 30K for a architect the oversee and manage the project.

Comments (46)