SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rantontoo

Vanity legs against bull-nose baseboard...advice needed!

rantontoo
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I need to order a custom 62 inch vanity but have run into a "visual issue" with the planned bull-nose tiled baseboard that has me in pause mode. It's not a tile issue, it's a baseboard issue.

I like the look of a vanity with 4 straight legs, cabinet designer suggested 3 inch wide legs but...vanity will be against a wall on one side and obviously against the back wall.

How should I handle the issue of tile? Cabinet designer says to tile up to each of the legs next to the wall...then start the tile in back of the leg to the next leg. Is that what you would do?

I like the look of a full straight leg; what I will see on the left front and right back legs will be a notched look; right front leg will not look notched since no tile will be next to it. If I do not tile as cabinet designer suggests and simply place the vanity legs next to the bull-nosed tile baseboard, I will have gaps along the left side-wall and the back wall where the plumbing comes from the wall. That is not visually appealing either.

How have others handled this issue? Anyone have pictures to share? In my minds eye...both alternatives bother me. Aaugh!?!

Comments (22)