SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beth09

Floor lamp on rollers?

beth09
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I have tried searching online and have not found anything like what I am envisioning. It may be because it doesn't exist, or because I just didn't search hard enough.

I am going to redo my kitchen in the near future. Right now, there is a cabinet wall "divider" that is inbetween my work area and eating area. On the top of this thing sits a small table lamp. I use it 99.9 percent of the time when I am working in there. It has a 3-way bulb for my immediate needs. I will lose this divider in the reno, for which I am grateful. It's one of the main reasons we are redoing the kitchen. However, there goes the light of my life. I am seriously feeling lost just thinking about it. I do not care for overhead lighting, at all. The light over my sink is where I will make a frequent exception, but only for as long as it is truly needed.

As far as I see, there will be no alternative for my lamp. So I thought, what about a floor lamp that rolls! Then I can just leave it in approximately the same space, which will light the whole kitchen, and if it will be in the way for whatever reason I can simply move/roll it. Voila! Except, I can't find one. Anyone familiar with such a thing? or will I have to make one?

Comments (4)