SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16647

Memorial Day plans, what's yours?

User
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Happy Memorial Day! I have been really looking forward to this weekend. It's going to be pretty quiet, but I still enjoy hanging out with my hubs and our lab and doing stuff around the house. The weather is supposed to be great and I'm hoping we can start painting the shed today....what fun!! (not!) That's ok, better to get it done and over with while the weather is beautiful and not too hot.

We're going to bbq with DD & SIL tomorrow. The firepit they want to build with/for us is on the agenda and I think it will be fun to do a project with them. We probably won't get it finished but that's ok, they can just come back and we'll bbq again! We bbq'd for Mother's Day and I tried something new with the burgers. I stuffed them with colby jack cheese and basted them with bbq sauce while they were on the grill. OMG, they were sooooo good we voted to have them again. Going simple with some chips and veggies, watermelon and corn on the cob, but for desert I found pound cake muffins and I'm going to make strawberry shortcake with them. So what's on your weekend agenda? Any good recipes you're trying or fun plans you want to share? I hope whatever your plans, you stay safe and have a GREAT time!

Comments (26)