SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gonnabuildit

Putting in a Trane XV18 System in Dallas, a few final questions

9 years ago

Hello all,

Have used your advice to decide on the Trane XV system to replace my 22 year old system, but have a couple of final questions. First, Dallas has suddenly become Seattle - rain every day for the past couple of months, and forecast for the next couple of weeks. The system supplying our master bedroom is out, and my dear wife wants it replaced, like, now! Is it safe to install a new system when it's raining? Don't want to rely on what the contractors say, so need your professional guidance. Right now, I'm looking at install early next week with either, but the forecast is for rain. I'm happy to push it back if a rainy install will cause future problems.

Next question: As in most of Texas, my furnace and ducts are in the attic. One contractor has specified hanging it with Unistrut, the other says they will use solid metal strap connected to Trane's suspension points for the furnace. Need you guidance on this, as I can see the logic in each one's arguments for their approach, but the Unistrut approach makes more sense to me.... Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Comments (2)