SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
duveen_gw

Lennox HVAC Parts Availability

duveen
8 years ago

In another post, I'd indicated a preference for a Carrier gas furnace and central AC system as a replacement in our two-level, 2600-square-foot home in Western Massachusetts built in 1991. I received some welcome feedback on that system. However, we live in an area with limit population and thus limited HVAC installation firm options. Since that post, I've become somewhat disillusioned with the Carrier installer and am looking again at the alternate Lennox system that was specified by an alternate dealer.

The reason that I'd been leaning Carrier over Lennox was three-fold. First, they seem to be slightly better reviewed in terms of quality than Lennox systems. Second, their top-line Infinity management seems to be incredibly well-regarded in terms of comfort and convenience. And finally, I read many accounts that it was harder to get Lennox parts when a system did break down. (Indeed, there were some outright horror stories!)

It is the last point that gives me the most pause. We experience cold winters. Last winter we didn't get above 20 degrees F in 90 days and 80 of those 90 days never got above 10. Indeed, 40 never got above -10. If we ever need furnace repair in such conditions, I want it ASAP with parts easily obtained. And while we don't run the risks in summer that we do in winter, I want my AC back on-line quickly, too!

Thus, I'm turning to the GardenWeb community to inquire how reasonable are my fears about the difficulty in obtaining Lennox parts quickly? We have one Lennox installer in my area -- who gave us the quote -- but one or two other dealers offer Lennox service in the area. (Two if I can get one to drive to our town. We seem to be near the border that he's drawn for his service map.)

I suppose ultimately I'm asking if you would put a Lennox system in your home given the weather that we face? Would you sleep easy at night?

As always, I appreciate your expertise and time. Thank you!

Comments (18)