SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cudjoegal

Miele Convection Steam Oven Venting under the cabinet installation?

Mary Readel
8 years ago

Can those who have the Miele CSO, and installed it under the cabinet, tell me about the venting they did and where the steam and heat goes?

I had mine delivered and installed by Miele (not impressed), and as they were installing, I remembered reading about venting needed in the back of the cabinet. I mentioned it to the installers, as my cabinet guy did not vent the cabinet. They said 'some people cut a vent in the back', but don't worry, as soon as we install and you sign off, your warrantee begins. My cabinet guy came back and drilled some holes in the area under the counter top (Silestone) and put a trim piece matching the cabinet to 'hide' the holes, but allows venting from the oven space. I could not believe the amount of steam and heat coming from those holes! I am concerned that the heat/steam will damage or impair the electronics on the oven, as it is expelled just above that area. I mentioned this to my kitchen cabinet guy, and he said "Heat rises. That heat will not go down as in the installation instructions for venting." There is a drawer below the CSO, and below that a 'toe kick drawer'. Behind the CSO cabinet, is another cabinet that faces into the living area (CSO is installed in a Peninsula).

I have a tendency to worry about everything, so maybe I shouldn't worry?

Please advise, especially those who installed under the counter, and those who understand venting, etc.

Thank you in advance!

Comments (13)