SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
livlafluv84

Same question, maybe a different scenario?

9 years ago

Hello All,

I just purchased my first home and will be renovating each room one at a time. The home is a raised ranch, 3bed built in the early 1950's, just under 2k SF on the main level. There is only one bathroom on the main floor. I have a second bathroom with only a shower, sink, and toilet. I personally never use that bathroom because me and basements do not mix well! I will also update that bathroom but it will be a simple pull and replace.

My focus now is the only bathroom on the main floor. It has a 36"x36" separate shower stall that is separated from a 60" tub by a wall. Across from these, are the toilet and a wall mounted 24" sink.

My first question is what are your thoughts regarding a single sink or double sink? If I maintain the 15" min centerline for the toilet, I'll have approx. 70". My initial thought was to do a 48" single sink vanity w/ a 18" wide x 60" tall wall mounted storage cabinet to the right w/ a few inches of space in between. A coworker suggested a dbl sink and I don't really have an objection to this, but wondered... Would this be a deal breaker for resale?

Resale is important to me. This is my first home. Im thinking ill stay here 5-10 years. I'm single w/o kids so I would not personally need a second sink. But who knows, maybe I'll be married with a kid or too, and while id never want to be in the bathroom w/ my significant other, I know many couples do. This is a family oriented neighborhood, though, so I imagine a family might be who ends us buying this home and while there is a second bathroom in the basement, it only has room for a stand up shower and ppl don't seem to count that as a bathroom when looking to buy and sell, at least in this area.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

TIA

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath