SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
polkadots_gw

Same or different fabrics on these chairs?

polkadots
16 years ago

Hi. I am narrowing down on fabrics to update the furniture in my great room. Here is basically the current room - a few angles of the furniture have changed but this is the basic layout.

I am changing out the plaid chair and considering changing out the wicker chair. The sofa and brown leather chair are staying. My questions are:

1. Can/should the new chair/ottoman be in the same fabric as a new chair by the fireplace?

2. What kind of chair would work by the fireplace? I was thinking a modified/updated wingback, maybe?

3. Should these two chairs actually be the same chair style, or something different?

4. I may move the wicker to the other side of the room by the windows (with a round table) or move it upstairs. Thoughts?

5. Finally, if I end up with a few armless chairs (instead of the wicker) at the other end by the windows, how do I tie in the fabrics there - I am feeling like I have a lot of chairs and not sure how many fabrics I can use.

Any advice appreciated. :) Sorry if this is confusing, I know that's a lot of questions. Thank you!

For anyone who remembers my previous posts, I have found a new coordinated stripe that is perfect with my colors. It is a thinner stripe than the one pictured below. I still love the floral pictured below but because of its excessive cost and because it has a 27" repeat it is cost prohibitive to do a chair in that. I am going to use that on accent pillows. Still deciding on using the pictured lattice for the windows or something else (solid maybe).

Comments (8)