SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
merlena87

Be careful what you wish for!

Sara-Ann Z6B OK
8 years ago

Most of my adult life I've wanted to live in the country. I grew up living in the country and I miss it. I do live in a very small town, but country living is still different. My daughter and son-in-law and family live in the country and several years ago they bought the property that adjoins theirs and it has a home on it, which they rent out. My DH and I were visiting them and we were hanging out around the pond that's on their property, it was a lovely evening and I teasingly made a comment about putting a home on their property. The adjoining home is vacant right now and they are refurbishing it, so my son-in-law asked us if we wanted to look at it. It's a nice house, very tempting! It's not something that can happen overnight, but is something we are contemplating. We would be downsizing somewhat, but at our age we don't need a large house. The front yard is beautiful, I could have the rose garden of my dreams! I would say this could take place in the next two or three years. I'm just thinking about all those roses! This is something that can happen if we want it to and part of me wants it so bad, so much to consider though. I do believe my DH wants us to go for it.

Comments (15)