SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lm_brown_

Opinions on kitchen layout and other features

lm_brown_
8 years ago

We have recently purchased a 140 year old home and are gutting and remodeling it. I am looking for some feedback and ideas for our kitchen. My questions are:

• Is this the best layout?
  • Is there any way to do glass uppers without seeming lopsided?
  • Has anyone done a supersusan with recycling bins?

A few things to know about our kitchen

• we are replacing the window with one of the same width- but it is counter height and much taller (using a transom)
  • When looking at the overhead, the dinning room is to the left (connected by a 5 foot opening
  • By the time we move in, we will have 3 kids under the age of 2 (needs to be kid friendly)
  • My husband is a coffee fan and has an espresso machine that we are thinking of putting to the left of the sink
  • Our cabinets are going to be some kind of white with a ming green mosaic back splash
  • I like the idea of glass uppers, but am unsure how this will be for cleaning if they are flanking the stove.
  • Our town has a waste management program that requires at least 4 bins for: paper recycle, plastic recycle, garbage, compost. We were thinking of doing a pull out drawer under the sink for garbage and compost and a) putting the other containers on a supersusan in the corner or b) putting the other containers in a pullout on the island.

Thoughts?

Comments (3)