SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chrstnamarie

Kitchen Addition Layout Advice/Opinions/Suggestions Please! (Pic)

chrstnamarie
11 years ago

We are doing a 12x18 addition on our one story 1287 sqft house. Our house is one big rectangle and we will be pushing out the back (off of the current kitchen, which will become a dining room as it is planned now).

I am having trouble thinking of the best layout for the kitchen. The picture included is what I have in my head, except I am now thinking the range can be in the corner and the refrigerator can go on the wall the range was on. I'm not really worried about wasted space behind the corner range because we can turn it into a cubby for wood on the other side of the wall (fire place is in the room on the other side, which will now be the dining room - currently the kitchen). Have I completely confused you yet? Haha!

Anyway, here are my questions/concerns:

-is a 216 sqft kitchen too much for a 1,500 sqft 4 bedroom home?

-would it be better to make it an eat in kitchen and use what we would have made the dining room just extra living space?

-would you set it up differently? (I have the sink facing the LR/DR because I'd like to watch over the kids.)

Any other suggestions/advice/opinions are very welcome. I am getting a little overwhelmed at the moment!

Thanks!!!

Comments (19)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH