SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mercymygft_gw

New addition room layout...opinions

12 years ago

We are adding an addition to our home. The link shows the existing home with the addition included. We are bumping out the back of the house 12' x 24', what is there now is 10.5' x 24', making the new room approx. 22 x 24. It will be all open with a column in the center of the room somewhere for the support beam, and will include new kitchen, family room and eating area.

The island I have there now is 9' x 54" and houses the apron front sink and dishwasher and a few more cabinets. Do you think the island is too big? My biggest concern is that when seated at the counter you do not feel like you are in the sink. What width would be sufficient without feeling like you are on top of the sink? I also have a 4' isle in between the wall cabinets and the island. The stove and fridge are on the wall side.

Tell me what you think...when you copy/paste the link it will load up and then show you the plan. It's an overhead shot, but the elements are to scale.

http://gardiners.icovia.com/icovia.aspx?projGuid=B730036D-B03A-489C-B7D3-C01AAEBED422

Comments (34)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!