SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thebutcher_gw

3 year old 5-1-1 mix with MG moisture control

thebutcher
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hey All,

I got some questions about mixing 511 mix with miracle grow plus the age of when I first made the mix. I listed some points below.

• - I made the mix 2 summers ago so this is my third summer with 5-1-1 mix
  • - the mix is now on it's 3rd year
  • - Worked great last year and just added a cup of Lime per 15 Gallon Fabric Dirt bags this past week. (they are actuly 20 gallon bags but only added about 15 gallons of mix).
  • - I remember reading a few years ago that mix should be good for a few years.
  • - But on the safe side I just bought 4 (2Cu ft) bags of MG moisture control. ( I did this because it was only $9 per 2 CU Ft)
  • -last year in 4 of the Fabric bags (15 Gallon), I added MG potting mix (Regular straight with out 5-1-1). The remain 5 bags was still running the original 5-1-1 mix which I always fertilized with MG soluble plant fertilizer.

So my question is.... Is it ok to mix up the new MG potting moisture control mix with the old 5-1-1 mix from 3 years ago or should I just put the 4 bags fresh from the start, also can I mix some of the new MG water moisture control with last years MG mix in those 4 fabric bags.

Thanks all and sorry If I confused anyone

Comment (1)