SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mmdilley

My stepdauher is so hateful

Michelle Martin
8 years ago

I have been married for 4 years now. I have been with the father for almost 8 years. My husband has two children from a previous marriage. A daughter who is 18 and a son who is 16. The son and I get along great! However his daugher is just so disrespectful. The daughter just had a baby a few days ago and told the father that i am not allowed to be around the baby. She also recently started talking to him. When she first got pregnant she called her dad (who she only calls when she wants something) and asked him "if I pick out some sweatpants from VS can you like flip the bill" we responded we will give you money if you come over and help us with some chores. Well she lost it told us how much she hated us and how aweful we were ect, and then stopped talking to both of us, all over sweatpants! The problems really started once she entered highschool. She refused to get a job, didn't do well in school, would post inapportiate things in Facebook and Twitter, smoked pot, and then got pregnant her senior year. She would only contact us when she wanted to go shopping or needed something, and then when I would take her she wouldn't even thank us, just acted like it is our duty as parents to buy her things, even at 18! She will text my husband things like well when you get a divorce you will have no one, and then how she can't wait for me to leave, ect. When I would talk to my husband about it he would be like well what do you want me to do, I have no control over her she doesn't live here so I can't help it. The last four years with her has been nothing but a nightmare. I have talked to my husband about these issues to nauseam. Recently I tried to talk to him about how hurt I am by all of this and he called me a drama queen and got mad that I am putting him in the middle of it. Its like I am not allowed to have my feeling be hurt by her! I am just can't take it anymore, everytime I hear her name I just get so mad. I recently even block my husband on Facebook so that I don't have to see him post stuff about her because it just makes me so upset. Currently he is like well let me just deal with her, but he has said this before and he just tip toes around the issue, and will say things like well you need to be nicer to her. I understand that he cant make her like me but I just feel like he has never set any boundries and allows her to treat me however she wants and just throws his hands in the air and is like well what else can i do. So I guess my question is what else can we do? Should I just cut her out of my life and set boundries for myself? Or should I try and push my husband to do more?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative Design-Build Firms