SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
malna_gw

Poll: Do I NEED a Nesco Roaster?

malna
8 years ago

I am hosting DH's life celebration (it's an open house weekend-long party) in August. Yes, I know I'm crazy...

I am always conscious of food safety for gatherings like this. So I have a large gas grill for the BBQ chicken, hot dogs, etc. I have a two burner gas camp stove and a crock pot, but it's old and I don't want to depend on it.

I am going to do a lot of make ahead casserole-requires baking in the oven type dishes (relatively cheap and easy). I have a portable convection oven - an older model of this one:

It's hard to get 2 9x13 pans in there and make sure they both evenly heat without rotating, etc.

I know a lot of you have Nesco roasters. The 18 quart on amazon is well within my budget, but do I really NEED another appliance to find storage room for and may not use often enough to justify it? It's just me now, so I rarely cook large amounts of food anymore. But it would be handy for making a big batch of freezer meals for me. And I know it would be indispensable at the party. I have plenty of electricity on the deck, and a roll-around stainless table which will work fine for a serving cart.

I vacillate back and forth, forth and back. Please help me say Yea or Nay - I need your vote!

Thanks!!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012