SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oakiris

Rain, rain, go away, come on back another day - like next month

oakiris
8 years ago

How is everyone doing here in swamp land?

All of the plants - and weeds - are wonderfully fresh and green looking, but like everyone in this area, I imagine, I grow weary of rain day after day after day and watching the weeds thriving and getting taller and taller. So much to do out in the garden, including getting the rest of the vegetable garden ready for planting, and I can't do a darn thing but watch the rain continue to fall. The Irises and poppies are starting to bloom, adding a cheerful spot of color here and there, but they soon look bedraggled and bogged down by the rain. And this weekend brings more rain and a good possibility of snow as well so we have more joy to come!

After 30+ years here, you would think I would be used to springtime in the Rockies by now, and I know that soon enough I will be begging Mama Nature for rain, but I seem incapable of avoiding my whining about the "feast or famine" weather we have here.

So, tomorrow I will be going to a couple of local plant sales to cheer myself up, lol. Sunday I will do my walk-about in the rain - and maybe snow - and sigh about the mess my garden is becoming. What does everyone else have planned for this "can't go outside to garden" weekend?

Holly

Comments (20)