SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
soonergrandmom

Rain, rain, go away

soonergrandmom
12 years ago

Latest from Grove is rain, rain, and more rain. I don't know exactly how much we have had but I dumped almost five and a half inches from my rain guage and it is still pouring down. Yesterday the rain was horrible and the most I have ever seen building up on the ground, not puddles, but almost like ponds. During that storm the mesonet station recorded .01 inches, so I think it was out of order all day.

Today it has recorded two and one half inches since midnight and the weather radio says we could receive 2 more inches.

We have to drive to Tulsa and I am not looking forward to the trip as I can see a new storm developing that is running right up I-44.

Jay, We need a pipeline from NE Oklahoma to the panhandle so we could share with you guys. My chickens have a built-in swimming pool today. I can see a few of my Dixondale onions going to seed this morning. Only 3 or 4 so far, but that is not a good sign. I think it will be days before I can get into the garden but since my sugar snaps can all be reached from the sidewalk at least I can keep picking them and maybe keep them going. That is, if it ever stops raining again. Too much water.

Comments (9)