SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyartoo

Great Graduation Gifts for Young Women

Funkyart
9 years ago

This is a spectacular year for the young women in my family-- 2 nieces graduated from college (one in December, one this weekend), 1 is graduating from high school and one, a junior, has just committed to the college she'll attend in 2016! Additionally, one of the recent college grads just had a baby!

I have a present covered for the new high school grad. I'd planned to get her an apple watch but she's asked for a macbook pro. More than I wanted to spend-- but I can't blame anyone but myself as I bought one for her sister when she graduated (her parents had just split and announced their divorce and tensions and financial stresses were high.. it was what I could do to help out in a tough situation). ok, So one down!

I will get something to kick off the my oldest niece professionally-- either a great bag or business clothing. I've also tossed around the idea of giving her a weekend away because she's been living on her own and working so very hard the last two years. Is a trip (hotel etc in Phila or Baltimore for two) too unconventional?

I am stumped as to what to get for the niece who completed college in Dec and just had the baby. My sister and I went way overboard for her baby shower (she basically needed EVERYTHING) and I've also given her a lot of food and groceries. Still, I want to mark her graduation but a suit or great bag just aren't likely to be used in the near future. She did seem interested in a good "mom bag" but I would think she'll be tied to the diaper bag for the foreseeable future.

I'd also like to get something for my niece who just committed to a college for Fall 2016. She's receiving a sports scholarship so I was thinking perhaps just something small with a special note-- maybe a sweatshirt and athletic leggings with the school logo?

I am usually the one in our family with the great gift ideas but I am just drawing blanks right now. Any additional ideas for a new grad/new mom.. or for a student who was accepted and has received a sports scholarship well in advance of graduation?

Comments (13)