SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16535275

2 questions...bathroom lighting

9 years ago

Wondering what the best kind of lightbulbs for the bathroom are? The fixtures are 2-3 downward facing bulbs each. Not sure what kind of lightbulb is in there now, but they're pretty yellowy...the marking says Haleo, but a google search turns up empty when I try to find out what they are. It's what the builder put in, so I have no idea. I'm thinking LED would be better? Any suggestions on 2700k or 3000k? And what W equivalent? The LED's we just put in the greatroom are 3000k and SUPER bright...thank goodness they are on dimmers because we definitely always turn them down.

2nd...I don't remember what brand our lighting fixtures are. The white coating on the inside of the glass is totally coming off of at least one shade (haven't gone upstairs to look at the others). They're only 3.5 years old. Any suggestions? Would they still be under warranty if we were to figure out what they are? Are replacement glass shades universal in size as far as the opening where you secure the shade is? UGH. I didn't notice til I just went and looked at our bulbs to see the shape. It's so bad/such a big area it looks like a cupcake wrapper is down around the bulb.

Comments (5)