SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
veronicasgrandma

Thank you notes and the lack thereof

veronicasgrandma
8 years ago

What's your experience with getting thank you notes for wedding gifts over the past few years? At this point, I'd take a verbal thank you or even a text message. I'm more than just a little annoyed that I've been getting nothing. Same goes for graduation gifts. I realize young brides and new graduates are busy, but like I said, I'd be happy with a text message thank you. When I get nothing, time after time, I feel like not going to the trouble anymore. I wasn't able to attend a wedding last November, so in January I sent the couple a gift. By the way, they are in their late 30's. I talked to the bride via email a couple times that month and she said nothing. Finally i made a comment about the gift, like i was wondering if you had a chance to use the gift card yet i was hoping you were able to find something at that store (because cards can get lost in the mail). She answered oh yeah we did and we got something, it's a nice store. Not even a thank you response to my email! I have to say that my own children are far from perfect but they do send out thank you notes or at least make a phone call. I'm finding this more and more common with couples of all ages. Is anyone else noticing this trend? Or maybe it isn't a trend and it's just who I'm associated with, lol

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County