SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbtexan

Help me finish out my LR

Silvey Marshall
9 years ago

I just painted my living room a gray/beige. The loveseat is a darker tone of that color--I would call it mushroom taupe. The carpet (which I hate but don't want to live through finishing the wood floors) is a coppery brown, but doesn't seem to clash with the gray walls--or at least it doesn't bother me. I'm probably going to move the loveseat to face the fireplace and either put two identical chairs side by side and a third chair on the other side of the fireplace or two identical chairs on either side.

I need help with colors for new chairs and accessories. The rust and cream throws and orange pillow on the loveseat are just there to give me ideas. I'm open to any suggestions. I can paint out the aqua on the bookcase wall.

Next question: the painting on the left has a gold frame and cream mat. Does it pop or does it clash with the gray? The other is a very nice 18th century painting, but is very dark.

Guess I need some guidance on tying in the gray while using warm colors since I don't want to be stuck with all cooler colors.

Comments (24)