SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adg05d

HELP! Need to re-sod and need advice/tips - North Fla - Empire Zoysia

Anthony Gonzalez
9 years ago

Hello Friends!

I am a young father of a now 1 year 3 month baby girl. Last year, while learning to navigate the wonderful first year of parenthood, my lawn has completely kicked my bum. haha

(I live in north Florida, btw)

My goal is to have a wonderfully lush front yard so that I can teach my baby girl how to kick a soccer ball by her second birthday (next January).

Last fall I noticed my lawn being overrun by weeds. I contacted the local landscaping supply place and was sold a pre-emergent (lesco) and a post-emergent (celcius). In the winter I did the pre and post treatment and the results seemed to be not too bad. The issue in the front yard is that once everything died, I was left with half my lawn being complete dirt.

I've decided i'm going to re-sod the are with Empire Zoysia. With the research i've done, it seems to be the grass that will thrive the best with my conditions.

My simple question is what are the most essential things to get done to have my lawn ready for sodding?

What I have done:

-sprayed the area with celsius and round-up.

-I've been pulling weeds

-doing my best to rake the area clean. (It seems i had SO MANY weeds that no matter how much I rake, there will always be some residual organic matter in the dirt)

It's been raining like hell the past 10 days and crazy enough it looks like new centipede grass is starting to grow through the areas i have round-up and raked??? Will this hurt the sod?

Please see the pictures i've attached for some GREATLY needed advice.

Thank you friends!

Comments (7)