SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chubbers_gw

Aloe Vera- Browning of tips- General help needed!!!

chubbers
17 years ago

Hello fellow aloe vera lovers!

I have had my plant for around 4 years. It has been flourishing well until now. It's quite a large ish house plant with 3 main section plants and lots of other 'baby' plants shooting up from the soil. Its located in a north-west facing window in Scotland- so not particularly warm!

Some of the baby shoots are already brown and hollow. Some of the main parent plant leaves are now beginning to go brown, cripsy and hollow at the tips and are curling in on themselves.

I would be really grateful for some expert advice on how to proceed as I love my plant.

- should I remove all baby shoots coming through soil as they are sapping life/nutrients from the main parent plant.

-does the browning/crispying of leaves mean I am over or under watering? At present I am watering only once a month.

-Ive just lifted the whole plant really easily out of its pot complete with soil and root. The roots seem to be taking over the whole pot with hardly any soil. Soil easily crumbles away. Should i repot into a larger pot?

I would be really grateful for any advice.

with thanks in advance

Comments (8)