SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alicia_adams83

Maid of honor unable to attend bridal shower??

Alicia Adams
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Good afternoon everyone!

So I'm in a bit of a sticky situation.

My college roommate, who got engaged at the end of February, was unable to have her best friend in her hometown to be her MOH due to her being out of the country this summer, so I'm her honorary MOH- which I LOVE except for the short notice and the 8 hour distance from our respective towns. And this is why:

My family had planned a graduation trip for me to see my grandma (who's recently gotten very sick and is on oxygen now) for the weekend after we graduate before they even got engaged- the problem is the bride-to-be's home church shower is that same weekend and I'll have to miss it and she's really hopeful & expectant that I go.

I've put on a fairly elaborate shower here for all of our college friends and plan to be there for the wedding week, but don't know how to tell her I can't be there for the shower because I feel like it'll honestly hurt her feelings a lot.

Does anyone have advice for this?? I honestly feel like I can't not go to see my grandma because I don't think I have that much time left with her, but also don't think my roommate would understand. So how do I break the news to her without damaging our relationship?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH