SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vabeachgirl2

Kitchen backsplash help, please

vabeachgirl2
9 years ago

We are building a new home and I need to make a decision on the kitchen backsplash soon. I had decided that I was going to do a plain white subway backsplash in the traditional staggered brick pattern with a bordered herringbone pattern above the gas range. Unfortunately, once I looked at the kitchen cabinet plan closely, I realized that the section above the range will not be any taller than the remaining backsplash due to the over range microwave - so this really isn't an option as I don't think a one foot high pattern will have the look I wanted. So... now on to plan B.

I am considering changing from plain white subways to a light color crackle for the entire backsplash

And yes that is my actual quartzite countertop material. :)

Or perhaps a combination of standard white subway with a vertical subway border:

I didn't plan to used beveled subways - but wonder what it would look like to combine flat the horizontal with beveled for the vertical. Or use flat for both but add a pencil trim between the layers to add interest. (My only concern with this second option is the potential cost increase to the overall cost for the pencil trim). All input/ideas are welcome!

Comments (36)