SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alexamorrie

Need ideas for chandelier over my kitchen table

alexamorrie
9 years ago

The focal point in my kitchen is the chandelier over my island which I love and I'll include a photo. I can't remember who made it and it's 17 years old. You see it first when

entering the kitchen.

My problem is when we built our house, DH wanted a fan over the kitchen table which I've always hated. I want to replace it with a new chandelier but it's next to the island and I can't figure out what to get that won't compete but works well. I could put the island fixture over the kitchen table but then what would I put over a square island?

My style is modern - maple shaker cabinets, getting quartz zodiaq coarse carrara marble counters - appliances are stainless steel as are door knobs and pulls and door handles. There is very little wall, currently creamy white but I may change to a light blue/green grey.

Kitchen table is Portica from Room and Board in stainless steel with frosted glass (watery beach green blue color). 60w 36d http://www.roomandboard.com/catalog/dining/tables/portica-tables.

The island is 48” x 50”

I am hoping to spend under $300. I'm hoping someone can give me some good ideas. I see so many gorgeous pictures of kitchens where the light fixtures look like they belong together even though they don't match.

Thanks.

Comments (12)