SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kublakan

Rose of the Month - April 2015

kublakan
9 years ago

I've been enjoying all the great pics of everyone's roses as their gardens begin to come alive. As I was perusing I noticed how few of us show our roses, so I thought about creating this, a space for everyone to share an outstanding rose in their garden for the month of April 2015. Everyone is invited to share. The criteria is simple: share a picture and a brief explanation of the rose in your garden that you feel is outshining all the rest. Your rational could be simple or complex. If you own hundreds of bushes (like someone I know ;-) and you would like to bequeath the honor to one rose per category (Hybrid Tea, Floribunda, Climber, etc.) you may nominate various. The goal is to honor the rose that is outshining all others while giving novices and experts alike and opportunity to celebrate their

favorite rose for this month.

My Rose of the Month for April is Alec's Red. It has covered itself in blooms and has completely surpassed my expectations. At one point I thought the two that I own would never produce a single bloom. Another reason I'm enamored with this rose is because it changes scent throughout the day. In the mornings and night it has the lightest scent of antique rose. During mid day the scent is overwhelming and strong. My nomination for Rose of the Month is Alec's Red.

Now, your turn...

Comments (43)