SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publick_man

Mushrooms & Fava beans from farmers' market

Lars/J. Robert Scott
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Fresh fava beans (this is not all of them)

Yellow mushrooms, related to oyster mushrooms, but different flavor.

I bought these Sunday afternoon at the Mar Vista farmers' market close to my house, but I have not cooked them yet. I will do a simple prep for the fava beans, since I do not have that many, but I'm not sure what to do with the mushrooms. I have quite a bit, and I think I will saute half of them and then maybe cook with other half with something else. I do not like them raw, and they are too delicate to grill.

What is your favorite way to cook these mushrooms?

I also bought fresh-caught Ahi tuna (from the California coast), and I cooked that the same day. They had a good selection of fish this week, but it's unpredictable. I marinated the tuna briefly in soy sauce, wasabi, ginger, and garlic, and that gave it a nice flavor. It was so thick (3") that I had to butterfly it, and I grilled it on high heat for 3-4 minutes per side.

In addition, I bought raspberries, parsley, lettuce, tangelos (a tangerine/Mandarin orange mix), goat milk feta, and pistachios. I wanted to buy some fresh tofu, but that stand was very busy, and I forgot to go back to it.

Spring is definitely here, even though the weather now is colder than it was last winter.

Lars

Princess Kelly epiphyllum, blooming now.

Comments (8)