SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plllog

Tell Us About Your Feast!

plllog
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

FOAS suggested sharing our feasts and I thought it deserved its own thread.

Apologies for the lack of pictures. I was too fraught to take pictures.

On The Table

Matzah -- whole wheat and white
Veggies -- All are fair game after the Karpas (vegetables) blessing
romaine & kale, tomatoes, snap peas, purple cauliflower, asparagus, bell peppers
scallions, parsley, Easter egg radishes, plus....
Spiral ruffle watermelon radish and carrot serpentine confetti made with Paderno
cutter praised in CF, which I couldn't resist for the spirals. People loved the
look and the watermelon radish--many hadn't tasted it before--and the little girls
were all kinds of amused by the carrot confetti (smallest "spaghetti" setting).
Orange slices
Gefilte Fish (Mother)
Hard Boiled Eggs
Grape Juice
Wine -- Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Chardonay, Pinot Gris (California)
Water

Meal
Soup: vegetable broth (advised upon by CF) over baby spinach leaves, matzah spaetzle,
bunashimeji mushrooms sautéed with EVOO and Pinot Noir, and mandlin (bought)

Braised lamb roast x 3 (vacuum marinated on advice of CF) with ras al hanout and EVOO
over onions, garlic cloves, diced turnips and celeriac, and draped with tarragon
from the garden (we don't eschew lamb for the holiday)

Sous vide turkey breast roulades x 3 filled with a paste of pistachios, almonds,
roasted cashews and pignolias, dried unsulphured apricots and sour cherries, EVOO,
Pinot Grigio, and matzah, made with the circulator I learned about on CF
and advice of CF

Tsimmis of steam roasted rainbow baby carrots, baby tricolor potatoes, diced rutabaga, pearl
onions and rainbow medley raisins and dried berries

Green kugel (spinach, parsley, basil, yellow squash, red pepper, carrots, matzah, eggs)

Dessert
Coffee & Tea, half and half
Matzah Toffee (CF advice on what went wrong with the chocolate in the first batch)
Berries: strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and greener than redder
muscat grapes for contrast
Matzah brownies and blondies (cousin)
Grandma's applesauce sorbet (started out as charoset sorbet from CF thread, but renamed),
forgotten in the freezer so only shared by a few late stragglers.

As usual, I had a hard time getting anyone to sing, and my voice was cracking from tiredness, but it was a lovely Seder, all the children did a great job reading their parts, the toddler toddled and the older children had fun flying him airplane style to keep him from toddling, the inflatable matzah ball (beach ball printed like matzah) was a big hit, the oldest eligible girl found the afikoman and was happy to get it during her last eligible year, there were five last minute cancellations (to be expected) so I have a whole lamb roast and a whole turkey breast roulade in the freezer, and a lot of extra berries. I'm thinking pie. :)

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!