SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ahmiowa_nj_de

Final Decisions - Lighting and Countertop - "Spa-Like" or "Dreary"?

AHMIowa_NJ
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

We have been in the middle of a very long & drawn-out Master Bath Expansion/Renovation, and got sidetracked with some contractor issues that seem to be resolving, fortunately.

Which means we really need to finalize things like the countertop & vanity lighting. I've been occasionally posting over the last 2 years about this, so I'll try to be brief. It's kind of a screwy space, but the layout is set, whether optimal or not. The Toilet is in a separate space across from the main vanity. The primary tile is also set, along with a deco tile we're using in a niche at the shower end, and along side the tub. Not sure we want to use it more broadly, like in the backsplash, but that's still an option.

Anyway, the layout & tile are these:Floor Plan
Main Tile - Abbeystone Gris

Deco Tile - Lunada Bay Martini Arsenic Silk

We have a white tub & sinks, so we have been looking at something that might contrast a bit - is it too weird to go with dark grey countertop? We almost had a Caesarstone Belgian Moon set, but then heard it was discontinued. The material will also be used as the top of the bench and the half wall at the end of the tub, so it would be pretty visible.

Possible Countertops

Our last issue is lighting - DH is dead set on two separate mirrors with 3 sconces. There's not a LOT of space there, but it should work. The layout we've talked about is like this:

Possible Vanity Layout Does that make sense? We're looking at LED sidelights (Sonneman Sq Bar) and a couple of recessed lights overhead to tie in to the rest of the house, along with 4 smaller (4") cans over the bath/shower area.

Thanks for any feedback/impressions, esp on the countertop.

Hope I can get the links to work this time... I haven't tried putting photos up with the new Houzz interface, and it is both harder and easier.

Thanks!

Comments (4)