SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fouramblues

feeling so conflicted about countertop material decision

fouramblues
12 years ago

The first choice I made (last summer!) for my upcoming kitchen renovation was RecycleTop in espresso for my perimeter countertop. (Soon thereafter I chose Cambria Buckingham quartz for the island.) But our project has gone on much longer than anticipated, and our GC is doing time+materials, so the budget for the fun stuff has been slashed. The Buckingham is non-negotiable, so I'm looking at less expensive options for the perimeter counter. The RecycleTop is about $110/sqft installed. I wasn't a fan of the colors of the other brands of paper composite.

I really want a softer/warmer perimeter, as opposed to a stone feel. I think that means paper composite (ruled out; see above), formica (what we've had for 25 years, and DH can't go there again), or wood. I've very much admired the wood counters I've seen on GW. We have black walnut mantelpieces and coffee table, all from my parents' land. So I really like the idea of continuing the BW theme. (None left from parents' fallen trees.)

So I'm feeling sad about giving up on the paper composite, but excited about having BW in my kitchen! So (finally) here are my questions: any idea how "green" Craft Art's countertops are? (I can get these for about $35/sqft!) I was headed for a slightly more contemporary take on "transitional"; do you think simple eased-edge wood tops will work with that? Will I have too many wood tones going on at once? (Espresso island, warm medium-brown bamboo flooring, walnut counter.) Here are some of my samples on my walnut coffee table (sorry, tried to resize, but it obviously didn't work):

Thanks for helping with my worries again!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio