SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
islandgirl45_gw

So Many Decisions - Countertop colors and cabinet colors

islandgirl45
13 years ago

I'm new to this forum and a newbie in renovation. I finally have the chance to remodel my kitchen, only cabs and countertops and don't know where to start. I always wanted granite and was thinking about black granite with small specks in it until I went to a granite yard and saw all the multiple colors and patterns, etc of the granite. I really like typhoon bordeaux, which is the total opposite of black. Now, I'm having trouble deciding on color and movement of granite and color of cabinet. Not to mention what company should I choose for cabinets, etc. I'm trying to post pictures of my current kitchen, which is connected to my living room, so that I can get some help but I don't know how to do that. I need suggestions. I don't want the kitchen to clash with my livingroom. If I go with black granite, what shade of cabinets should it be? or if I go with typoon bordeaux, what shade of cabinets? Or should I even consider typhoon bordeaux considering the colors in my living room, size of kitchen etc. Will movement in a countertop make the kitchen look weird? By the way, my DH wants black granite with dark cabs. I came across some pictures with typhoon granite, but the pictures usually have SS appliances and light cabinets. I have black appl and the size of the kitchens seem alot larger than mine. How do you post pictures?

Comments (11)