SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eastbaymom_gw

decisions made: sink, faucet, range hood! almost made: countertop

eastbaymom
14 years ago

Thanks to advice here, and the opportunity to actually go look at stuff today, I am making progress on decision-making for my 1987 East Bay k*tchen!

Splurging (for us):

- semicustom cherry cabinets

- 30" slide-in GE smoothtop stove

- either a limestone or a quartz countertop (and yes, I know that care is different), to be chosen Monday when our interior designer visits

Surprisingly affordable

- new stainless front panel and controls over our Bosch dishwasher (THANKS, BUEHL -- the two items were delivered today!)

- 36" range hood from Kenmore

- supersingle sink from Dawn, recommended by local plumbing guy

- solid stainless faucet from Eclipse, recommended by local plumbing guy

- install backsplash tile ourselves (not yet chosen)

- engineered wood floor to extend into the kitchen from the family room, where we have had the wood for two years (surprisingly cheaper than I remembered!)

Still to be decided:

- whether to remove soffit (haven't talked to contractor about revising estimate yet)

- undercabinet lights

- microwave (undercabinet vs. on the countertop, where to locate it -- we did not allow for a built-in cabinet when we ordered, on purpose)

- backsplash tile (but since we are installing ourselves, we can take our time)

- whether to have KD order sink, faucet, and hood, or order them ourselves

This is so fun! Thank you again to all who have created such useful threads on the forum, and in particular to those who responded to my previous questions about quartz vs. granite vs. limestone, and about removing the soffit.

I'm feeling really confident now about specifying the desired "reveal" on our undermount sink, and about getting the budget back under reasonable control.

Here is a link that might be useful: My earlier post with before photos

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!