SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mat2cam

What do I need to have a decent(not show quality) looking Lawn?

mat2cam
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

First, thank you in advance for the assistance. I have been turning in circles researching the internet for where to start on my lawn.

I live in Charlotte NC

I think the small amount of grass I actually have is Burmuda(it would be the dormant grass in the pics) Correct me if I'm wrong please.

I'd say my lawn is roughly 25/40% grass, 75/60% weeds, my soil is orange/brown clayey silt with some very fine aggregate and a PH of 6.5-7. There is very little nitrogen, and phosphorus and potassium don't even register.

I will not aerate and seed until the fall but can start adding now if needed

I have red that I will need to till up everything and start from scratch(not my preferred route as I do not want bare dirt if poss)

I have also red that I can roundup everything to kill it, aerate and overseed in the fall(more attractive option)

So can I salvage what I have or do I need to explore one of the options above?(see pictures for every type of weed imaginable)

I would not start from scratch until the fall but would be happy to add any soil treatments now help prepare(Lime, Gypsum, Aluminum sulfate, fertilizer)

Thanks!

Comments (7)