SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kdafluke

What do I do? I need advice from people who know lawns!

kdafluke
6 years ago

To start off, I live in western washington in a townhouse. Its been mentioned that our soil is very poor quality in our neighborhood. My sprinkler system wasn't

working when it should so i tried watering with my hose as needed. Our lawn is also maintained through a company hired by our HOA. That being said, we can still take charge in trying to better our lawn. This is what i tried to do and regret it very much.

My lawn always looked very faded, and had small patches of yellow grass and dirt. So after some research, i purchased Scott's Turf Builder Lawn Food. I applied as instructed, once a week evenly across lawn. I saw great improvement! Grass was greener and stronger, but the yellow patches remained. So i just emphasized the yellow patches.

Then, we got hit with random 90 weather for one weekend. I saw that my grass went from 20% yellow to 80%! My lawn looks horrible! I then tried to add iron with Pennington Ironite Liquid Lawn and Garden Spray 7-0-1 with 1% Iron Ready- To- Spray on my lawn, making sure to follow instructions, (I didn't want to turn my lawn black). I did this 3 days ago and see no changes taking place since.

Now, admittedly, I'm very impatient. I know I need to wait at least 11 days or so, and that's what I'm doing, but I'm worried that it won't work. Now that i have irrigation system working properly, will my grass slowly revive or am i screwed? I have until September to get it looking, at least, better than this.

Comments (7)