SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rockybird

Guest room/ma bath/closet plans - what do you think?

rockybird
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

I just received the plan for the architect. When I first saw it I wasnt so sure, but now I think it is genius how he got everything to fit. This is the second conceptual plan I have made for the space. I was just wondering what people thought of it. How does it look aesthetically? Does it have both function and form?

The guest room is currently the bird room but will become an office. Outside the guest arcadia sliders will be a private courtyard to sit and see the mtn. I thought it would be great to open this space to the dining/kitchen/great room, so there will be a 8 ft wide sliding door into the dining room. It seems like this room wants to be a part of the great room.

View from the arcadia door in guest room. This will be a courtyard. There will be more plantings and trees to make it private:

Other side of the red rock wall. It would be exposed like this on the guest room/office side.

This wall (with clocks) would bump forward towards the yellow dresser 7.5 ft., limiting some of the openess, to buy room for ma closet on other side.

The bar is to hide any plumbing damage from the previus bath. If there is none, I may not do the bar. As it is now, when you eat dinner in the dining room, you see the toilet in the guest bath.

The architect borrowed space from the ma. cl. to recess the guest ba. He lined the room opening up with the 8 ft. arcadia glass, which I like. But if the door opening was smaller, we could move the guest bath over and take back some space from the ma closet

The space for hanging clothes in the ma cl. at 18". I thought this was supposed to be 24"? There is only a 3' aisle so there is not much extra space. The ikea stolmen is 18" wide and I could use this for the "island" as well to add aisle space. There is 34' linear space for hanging clothes and a 6.5' long island, dresser, etc.

The huge window in the ma ba is a problem. It is screened by the block, but there is a road out there! He suggested vertical blinds (I dont like them but am rethinking it) or a fogging window (I'm sure too expensive) so I was thinking of a 10' long x 2' high window.

I know this is hard to follow, but mainly I'm wondering what you all think of the overall form? Mostly I'm worried about the wall being bumped out in the living room, the 18" for clothes, the bathroom window.

Comments (31)