SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kateyyy

How can I revive my dying azalea? Please help

kateyyy
9 years ago

So I'm really horrible at keeping plants alive, but this is probably my record for the shortest time it took me to kill a plant. A few weeks ago I bought a potted azalea, it was blooming. I watered it about three days after I bought it and it was still fine, then I didn't water it for like three days, because I figured I'll water it once a week like most plants need, but after those three days passed it started dying. The blooms suddenly became sag, so I remembered reading somewhere that azaleas need to be water a lot, almost every day, I started doing exactly that. For about a week I watered it every day and there was no change. Then yesterday I didn't water it and I woke up this morning to find the plant black and, well pretty much dead. My grandma seems to think I over watered it and it rotted out, but according to her floweres should be watered once a week. I really want to save this plant, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do. Should I repot it? Keep on watering it like I have? Please give me some advice. I keep it indoors, right by the window, there's a lot of sunlight early in the mornings, but pretty dark during the rest of the day. I don't know what humidity is here, but I live in Lithuania, a European country right by the Baltic sea.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio