SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rebph

Pros please help differentiate between two window manufacturers...

9 years ago

Hello, we are the midst of a new construction build of a modern single family. We have 40 windows and 3 sets of sliders. Casement style for working windows with some fixed transom and picture windows. I am looking for some honest advice from a pro (yes I am talking to you windowsonwashington :) Based on style and of course budget, I have narrowed it down to Cascade in their clay color OR Milgard Style Line in the dark bronze. (The dark bronze color is a 5k upgrade from their standard tan. But I have read several reviews of Milgard tan looking mauve.)

One vendor tells me that Cascade is a lesser quality vinyl window than Milgard's styleline. The other tells me the exact opposite. Just to throw in a wrench I was also told to look at Andersen 100 windows. Rough numbers suggest that Andersen 100's would be the same price as the bronze upgraded Milgard styleline. The thing I find strange about Andersen 100's is that they only have a ten year warranty versus a lifetime like the others. So does Andersen really believe in their fibertec composite material?

Can I get some honest advice by an experience pro please?

Thanks for your help!

Comments (20)