SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jack_hamm66

Pat Bama you've identified my mystery rose!!!

Verdi Guy
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Hello Pat Bama,

I saw the pretty pictures you posted in the Rose Gallery "C" series back in December and when I came across the beautiful yellow rose you posted, I thought you'd stolen one of my pictures. Haha!

Last year I purchased on whim, a "body bag" at Hobby Lobby. The card inside said Reine des Violettes and when it bloomed it was a lovely cabbagey pale yellow fading to buff. The petals shatter and this made be suspect it was an Austin. I grew Graham Thomas over twenty-five years ago and the weak tea fragrance of my rose did not resemble Graham's but the blooms and habit reminded me of GT. Being new to this site, I posted pictures in the "Name That Rose" forum and received no leads. Searching online I came across a rose named Juliette Greco and the descriptions and pictures came close to the plant I possess. Upon seeing your photo of Austin's Charlotte, the mystery of my rose has been solved! Imagine that.

Any tips you might be kind enough to share with me on Charlotte's culture would be greatly appreciated. I'm in the Central Florida area and we have nearly the same climate, excepting the frost, snow and ice, which I'll more than gladly let you keep there.

I'm re-posting your excellent photo next to my mediocre camera phone picture. If you'd be so kind as to share your thoughts on whether you think the two roses are a match, I'd be really grateful.

Sincerely,

Jack

Pat's Charlotte

Jack's mystery rose

Comments (4)