SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nippstress

Another Mystery striped rose - need ID

Hi folks

Wouldn't you know that after you all helped me ID Papageno from the Rogue Valley mystery roses, I'd have another mystery pop up right near that rose that is also striped. This one has been there a few years and I have absolutely no idea where it came from. I don't recall planting any rose in that spot, so when I saw some rose leaves coming up I tentatively thought it was Dr. Huey from a long-forgotten rose. Basically, I only try to plan thornless roses in this area, and my only guess before it bloomed was a spare Pinky or Caldwell Pink that I had no other spot for.

Well obviously, this isn't either of those roses. It's a low growing red/white stripe, and I can't tell if it wants to climb yet or not. It has been there at least 2 years, but this is the first bloom and it's still a short plant. It might be something that was mislabeled as Caldwell Pink (or whatever), but I can't even ID the source of the plant. If it climbs, it might be Hurdy Gurdy or Berries and Cream. If not, it could be any number of striped roses like Rockin' Robin or Stars 'n' Stripes or even the good Papageno. I don't see any signs of clustering yet, but it's still young. It doesn't strike me as one of the striped HTs, since the form is pretty loose, or any of the OGR striped ones, but as I say I have no clue.

Any ideas, oh striped rose fans?

Cynthia

Comments (27)