SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
excyntric

I'm a bridesmaid and the bride is angry with me. Help!

excyntric
9 years ago

Recently, I told the bride I could not go on her bachlorette party because it was just too expensive. She opted for an European destination and expects her portion of the trip to be covered. Normally, this would not be an issue since other destinations have been reasonable but just getting myself there is really spreading me thin, not to mention her wedding is also not local.

I explained to her that I was really upset, that she meant the world to me, and wanted her to have the best time. I told her MOHs that I would still help chip in, seeing that the trip is only a month away and I felt bad about leaving them in a less than ideal situation. Not surprisingly, she was upset and did not hide her disdain. She even asked if I wanted to be relieved of my bridesmaid's duties and whether I would make it to the wedding.

Shocked, I explained that I would never miss her wedding but the bach was just too much. She suggested that if I still wanted to go to her wedding that perhaps my bf would help pay for the trip. We haven't spoken since last week. While I understand that she feels disappointed, I was really hurt by the things she said and the way she said them. I didn't feel like she understood the difficult financial situation I am in.

The wedding is two months away and now I don't know if I should just step down or go through with it. I left it in her hands but she's not great with confrontation. I don't want to ruin her wedding either. I don't know how to handle this in a gracious manner that will make both parties happy.

Comments (12)