SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whirlwindgirl

Muddled style for bathroom?

We are planning a kitchen and hall bath remodel. We have a 1926 French Revival house. I'm aiming for an overall feeling that these rooms are appropriate to the house, but I'm not going for period perfect. I'm looking at bathroom faucets and accessories and feeling like I may be creating a muddle in this room rather than a coherent design.

Bathroom choices that have been made already are:

12 x 24 grey floor, including shower floor, tile-- waiting on counter to choose exact tile, but I really want large format, rectified porcelain, tile on the floors for ease of cleaning and this is the size I have found in our price range with multiple grey options. Also I like the rectangle with the planned wall choices, which are square. Epoxy grout to match as closely as possible.

Curbless shower for future accessibility (back in the budget, yea)

White tile walls--6 x 6 wainscoting height all around, topped in the shower by a pencil liner and then 4 x 4 tile set on the diagonal to about a foot below the ceiling. Very pale grey grout.

Custom inset, slab door, vanity painted blue.

Grey counter top depends on what remnant my GC finds, but most likely engineered quartz or possibly granite (marble ruled out for this space)

Partial glass shower wall

Skirted toto toilet for easier cleaning. (Wall mount had to be cut due to budget.)

So the countertop, toilet, glass partition and floor tiles lean modern, right? And the walls and the vanity lean vintage? I'd like to tip the bathroom towards vintage but not make it a total muddle.

Can I do that by chosing a vintage feeling faucet, medicine cabinet, lighting and accessories? Or is this already too much of a muddle and I need to reconsider some items? (Nothing has been ordered yet, but the clock is ticking down to needing make final selections.)

Thank you!

Comments (14)