SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rivahgal1

Gaggenau vs Wolf M Series 30" double oven

rivahgal1
9 years ago

I do realize that this has been discussed to some extent here and elsewhere, but I would love to get a clearer feel for the pros/cons before I make my decision.

Mine is not a trophy kitchen that is only about aesthetics. These ovens will be used extensively and for many things. The pricing is similar - within a few hundred of each other. That actually surprised me, as I thought Gaggenau would be substantially more.

Here are my thoughts and questions...

For those of you who actually considered both, which did you choose and why? I see a load of people saying that they chose the Gaggenau because "it's better", but why is it better?

I do know that the Wolfs had issues with the enamel. I am going to assume that the M Series does not have that issue.

I love the idea of dual convection with the Wolf. Is the Gaggenau just as capable of cooking multiple dishes evenly at once? While on that one, I noticed that Wolf comes with 3 oven racks, but Gaggenau only has one wire rack (plus a roasting pan, I think?). I know this is a silly "complaint", but why only one wire rack per oven?

I read somewhere that the Gaggenau has only one timer for two ovens. Is this accurate?

I do like the side swing door... especially as the layout of my kitchen is not the best, and the fridge is next to the ovens. This means that the fridge door can get dented if someone opens it while the oven door (normal bottom hinge). The side swing would be very useful here, but I wouldn't buy the Gaggenau just for that.

And just generally... what tidbits can you give me to help me make this decision? I think I have the rest of my appliance choices sorted out, but this one is tough.

Comments (10)