SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rivahgal1

Double ovens - Gaggenau, Bosch, Wolf, Miele

rivahgal1
9 years ago

I do realize that there are many posts about this, but I have some additional questions (plus the basics).

I am replacing HORRIBLE Jenn Air double ovens that are only 10 years old (in the house when I purchased), but have atrocious temperature consistency. The doors don't even seal properly. I have had enough of not knowing whether cooking will take 30 minutes or 90 minutes.

I cook, bake and broil a LOT. This is not for show. I had Miele ovens in my last home and loved them. But they are right up there - price-wise - with Gaggenau, so I should consider both if I decide to bite the financial bullet. The new Bosch Benchmarks look sweet, too. The side swing doors are appealing.

A few questions...

1) Miele vs. Gaggenau. Any strong opinions on this?

2) I read that Gaggenau has only one timer for two ovens. Is this accurate?

3) Purely a design question. I do not like my kitchen appliance layout, but it is what it is. The double ovens are to the immediate right of the refrigerator. If standing at the ovens, the island is to my back, and the working area of the kitchen is to my right. So, it really would make sense - if going with a side swing door - to have it hinged on the left in terms of working, but I am a bit worried about the fridge being on the left. Do you see that as an issue?

4) Wolf. Does anyone know if the enamel issue has been handled? These are super ovens without that issue, and they're a couple thousand less than the Miele and Gaggenau.

5)... and speaking of less.... Bosch runs $4400 for the Benchmarks. $3K - $4K less. What makes the others worth the extra?

Thanks in advance for your pearls of wisdom :-)

Comments (7)