SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Poor Gus Attacked by Dogs

organic_kitten
9 years ago

Last year, I posted photos of Gus the cat who decided he liked my garden and my food. He was the first of the cats to show up here, and he stayed....Gus had unique eyes that had a bit of blue in the green color.

We bought him a heated cat house on put it on our front porch, and seemed to be quite happy there. Last Wednesday, we awake to the sound of dogs making a lot of noise and ran out to find a pack of seven dogs had pulled Gus and his house into the yard, and they had Gus down trying to tear him apart. (He was still fighting, but outnumbered) We scared the dogs away, caught Gus.

Gus had blood on him in several places and favored his right leg, so we and took him to the vet. He may have one or two fewer lives than the original nine, but he is doing very well a week later, now neutered, after having sedation, antibiotics and several days of IV fluid plus being neutered.

Even a week later, you can see his right flank had quite a bit of scratching and biting going on,

And some of the dogs had him by the neck, intent on killing him, I suppose.

He has additional scratches under his neck. He seems happy and is relaxed and eating well...He's been tested for Feline leukemia, and is currently recovering in a crate in our house. He is supposed to be kept inactive for the next week, So he will be kept crated. We will attempt to integrate him into the present cat population because he is unsafe outside as he is nearly deaf. We are very glad he managed to survive the pack's attack.

kay

Comments (22)