SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cefreeman

Week 41: Something unexpected, something nice...

CEFreeman_GW DC/MD Burbs 7b/8a
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Unexpected is one thing.
Unexpected nice is another.
Most of the time we get slapped silly by the unexpected.
A water pipe bursting.
An entire roof collapsing because some numb nuts put pallets of shingles on the roof.
Opening a wall to asbestos or knob and tube.
A sudden illness or injury.
Having your car drop into a sink hole on the way to work. (That'll put a crimp in your day!)
Coming home to a flood or fire.

"Nice" is sometimes overwhelming. "Nice" comes when you least expect it, or sometimes when you need it the most but didn't even know it. "Nice" can slip by because it doesn't cause disruption in our lives or routine. I need to notice "nice" to keep myself sane.

This week, I have an unexpected "nice" to share. (Remind me to tell you about the lady who gave us $11K out of the blue. But that's another post.) I've had some crazy Nices I'll tell you about, but this one almost made me cry.

It might come as a surprise to you, but I'm not shy about raving about something I love. Be it a product, a vendor, a person, but usually something that makes life easier, or something that goes above and beyond what I'd anticipated. I've been known to rave about a few vendors here.

Well...... [are you dying to know?]
One of these vendors has joined Houzz. He's evidently spent a while just reading here and getting to know the board.
I received an email I initially thought was another Gift Card Scan and almost deleted it. Then I noted the sender. Of course, I had to look, still figuring it was a scam. But... [get to the point, right?!?}

This vendor has sent me a $100 gift card not only for being such a great customer, but for all the good things I've had to say about them. Their product, their service, their quality, and for how willing I am to share my (easy) experience.

OUT of the BLUE!!!
And... to top it off, a discount on my next order.

Believe me, I had to stop and think what I'd ever said about them. Yup. After careful inventory, I realized I'd never had an unhappy word to say. Not that I'm vocal or anything, right?

So here is one of my many stories of "nice" and kindness I've received.

What's happened that has made you smile? maybe tear up a little? caught you so off guard you hardly believed it? so much so you had no idea what to say? where Thank You seemed so inadequate?

Comments (24)