SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kevinmp_gw

Been a while: somethings new; somethings old/relocated

KevinMP
11 years ago

Excuse the duplicate post (and the mis-typed/twice-space-omitted title), as I'm picking up from the other thread but starting over to capture (or recapture) attention.

Mtnrdredux, I've got many of the oil paintings (from Homegoods), purchased over a year and a half or two. I know you really liked the one in the bathroom, and so did I, but I didn't really like the gold part of the inner frame. So I finally found a silver toned one and swapped it out last week. I also ditched the antler collage and put in an oil horse painting, moved a small antler over to the small wall by the fireplace, moved the new one (well, new at the time) down to the dining room above the secretary desk, moved the one that had been in the bathroom up to the master bedroom, and moved the one where that one now is to over by the tartan chair and curtains. And then there's the two I've had: one in the canopy room and the ship one between the windows in the living room. You really cannot beat them for $50 - $80 a piece (assuming they're right for the space).

New bathroom one:

New living room horse one:

Above the desk one:

Relocated antler where that painting used to be:

Canopy room one:

Two in master (one old, one moved from bathroom):

Old one in living room between windows:

And here's the damn door I've spent a month stripping and repainting and finding matching door hardware and polishing the brass mortise, and getting a matching skeleton key and tassel for the bathroom. So, it's done; it just needs to be hung, and I need to get some nice cast iron or black hinges.

And the new antique (made in England) brass spittoon I bought for the orchid on the dining room mantel and the antique brass and cast iron andirons in the fireplace below:

And my new Stickley nightstand arrived today. I'm picking it up tomorrow or Saturday, and will post some pictures then.

This post was edited by KevinMP on Wed, Apr 24, 13 at 23:12

Comments (17)